Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This baby better be freakin' awesome...

As many of you know D and I have been trying to have a baby for quite some time. Our journey started in November 2007...after about a year of trying we decided to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE). At that time we were given medication to enduce ovulation-after a few months we were very excited, we had conceived a baby-but not just one baby..TWO. Unfortunatly, several weeks later-and several complications later both babies were lost.

After several months of healing, our physician recommended more advanced treatments (naturally, more expensive ones as well). Unfortunatly, none of those treatments resulted in a pregnancy.

At that point D and I decided we needed time to re-group and pray. We both feel that we are meant to be parents and have a family of our own...so back to the doctor we went! We went back several months after our last treatment. News was not as good as we had planned. Our chances of having a baby on our own is only about 15% and our only real option is IVF (yes, thats even more expensive than the previous treatments!) Now, before you all start giving us advice....we have tried taking a vacation (we've taken 2), we're realxed (it's in God's hands), yes I've tried standing on my head, no I don't want your children (although I am sure they are cute)-you name it I've pretty much tried it...That leads us to where we are today...

Many people are very curious as to what we are doing, and how our progress is. So I will do my best to keep everyone up to date on whats going on! Currently, we are doing our Pre IVF testing. Basically making sure we are healthy enough to go through IVF. I started my testing last week with a bunch of blood tests and an ultrasound. Yesterday, I went back in for a whole gammet of tests-bloodwork, physical, annual test, sonohysterogram, cultures and much much more. I was poked and prodded and had things shoved in unGodly places. Good news, most of the test results came back good-we are just waiting on the other results to come back in the next week or so. D is next, he has a few tests he has to have done. First was bloodwork, so I took him to where I work. He got himself all worked up...as I was drawing his blood he tells me this baby better be freakin' awesome. With us as his or her parents-I don't see how he/she could be anything less!

No comments:

Post a Comment