Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My stomach will never be the same again...

So, I have come to the conclusion that my stomach will never ever be the same again..I know I have no model physique or anything...but I have lost a lot of weight and I looked...O.K. Don't get me wrong... I don't want to be one of "those girls" who whines and complains that she can't get pregnant then, when someone is doing something to help her get pregnant she complains again. I am not trying to do that. I am just stating The Simple Facts of IVF. I am now into Cycle Day (CD) 9- and Day 5 of injectables. On Tuesday I started my Ganirelix-which shuts down the pituitary-so I don't ovulate on my own...so we have that in the am. Then Repronex, which causes my ovaries to produce more eggs in the pm. So-as you can see by my picture my body is a little irritated with me. I have a rather large bruise on my lower left abdomen and some itchy red spots on the right side of my abdomen. What is harder to see in the picture is the size my stomach has ballooned out to. Seriously....I look like a blimp....I have had to pretty much pack up my clothes and resort to loose dresses and yes....stretchy pants! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I so do not miss that stuff!! It brings back memories of a very difficult time and even though we never got pregnant I was thankful for the technology that gave us a chance! I remember feeling like my ovaries were twitching like an electrical current was going through them. I know your pain and anxiety!! We will be praying for both of you throughout the process. Love both of you!! Susan

    ReplyDelete