Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Retrievals and Candless Birthday Cakes


Today has been a crazy day. A day of crazy highs and crazy lows. First, I finally made it to retrieval. I had to be at Magee by 7am-I had my surgery a little before 8am. All of the girls there were great. They took such good care of me! I was so thankful-my own doctor was the one to do my procedure. There are 3 physicians who perform IVF and they all have assigned OR days-so depending on what day you go in you may get another doctor. Dr Wakim is amazing-he is such a kind and gentle man. We were able to get 5 eggs/follicles. I was hoping for more-but 5 is better than 1. I will call in tomorrow to talk to the embryologist to see how may fertilized. I then go back on Saturday to get hopefully 2 embryos implanted.
It's been hard to be so excited for this procedure today-today would have been our twins first birthday. So instead of planning a big princess party or superhero party-I am planning surgery dates and implantation dates to try and get pregnant. Some days are much easier than others. There is never a day that goes by that I don't think about it-I am not sure if that is something that is going to change or not. But other days the feelings of grief are so overwhelming. Its like I am living those days all over again.
I am so thankful and lucky to have such a wonderful husband and family. Doug's mom brought us over a bunch of food this afternoon and my mom is on her way over with my fav salad from Mad Mex. My little Dunky Dog is another saving grace in my life. I swear he knows when I need him the most. When I got home from surgery today I ate my lunch-then he hopped up on the couch and snuggled as close to me as he could and we took a long nap together!
Say prayers for fertilization ladies and gentlemen!

No comments:

Post a Comment